The Experience Will Stay With You;

This is the blog of a recovering anonymous alcoholic. There's also some Marxism creeping in now and then. Feel free to post comments, but if you know me, keep them anonymous. Thanks.

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Getting up

[Playing in my head: Ministry Jesus Built My Hotrod]

Time of rising over the last seven days:

Fri 4:30pm
Sat 7pm
Sun 2pm
Mon noon
Tue 6am
Wed 4:30am
Thu 3am (KLF is gonna rock ya)

I woke at 1am this morning and went back to sleep. I dreamt I got arrested for drugs. Two aniseed flavour Imperials in my hand were the symbol of my loss of liberty; two peppermint ones were melting in my hand like the soft pills melt in the mouth in a Will Self novel (possibly Quantity Theory of Insanity). It was extremely vivid. I was taking it calmly until the officer at the desk said that I'd get transferred to a prison in South Kent next year - next year! how long was I in for? Then she was a teenage kid explaining that the local 24-hour was the site of much dealing and I was bound to have got arrested, except I wasn't really concentrating because he kept saying "blood-claat" (which bugged me cos he was scrawny and white and unconvincing) until it seemed like the sound was severing my left ear and I woke up.

I don't normally have proper REM sleep, but I've only drank ca. 17 units in the last three days, so some normality is returning. I didn't bother finding out what the next dream was but got up and read Chapters Two and Three of Capital. It is hard work, but it is hard like quantum physics is hard, i.e. it is science, unlike, say, Baudrillard, which is difficult in order to hide that it is a capitulation to bourgeois liberalism. Note that formulations such as "the democratic dictatorship of the proletariat" are unambiguously and scientifically defined by Marx in a few clear sentences, whereas noun-phrases such as "the lucidity pact" or "the intelligence of evil" are ambiguous and loosely defined by Baudrillard in verbose, obfuscating prose over dozens of pages.

[Playing in my head: Sonic Youth Death Valley 69]

3 Comments:

Blogger woyzeck said...

Here is a pretty good, highly abridged version of Capital.

7:29 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you writing again then?

5:12 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

quite articulate for an inveterate dipsomanic, though i don't appreciate being treated with the same disdain as those other two dodgy fools.

11:44 pm  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home